6.23.2013

Carnival Time

Last weekend there was a carnival at my old elementary school and church. My mom works the "grand raffle" booth every year. I usually go up and say hello, but that is about it. 


My friend Erin and I decided to go up Friday night. We wanted to ride the rides and act like kids. I have always had this weird obsession with carnivals. I enjoy people watching. People at carnivals are usually...interesting...to watch. I'm fascinated. Erin and I bought 5 tickets each (we're such amateurs). Our first stop was the Ferris wheel. We handed the guy 1 ticket. 


It was pretty terrifying...I had not been on a Ferris wheel in years. 


A view from the top...


Woo finally done with that. Onto the swings. We stood in line for what seemed like ages. Finally, we get through and hand the guy 1 ticket each. He looked at us like we were crazy. Apparently the swings were 3 tickets. Um ok then. 


Good thing Journey's "lovin' touchin' squeezin'" was playing. After that we were pretty dizzy. And we only had 1 ticket each (apparently all of the rides were 3 tickets each, including the Ferris wheel.) We decided to do a good deed and give our tickets to a little girl and her mom. They didn't thank us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment