11.29.2013

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love a good excuse to give thanks for everyone and everything in our lives (although we should really give thanks all year round). The week started off great. On Sunday, we went to the Elton John concert. Excuse me, I mean Sir Elton. It was incredibly epic. The man is a musical genius. He didn't miss a beat. He played the piano to pure perfection. If you haven't seen Sir Elton perform live before, I highly recommend it. You're missing out. An interesting tidbit: what song brought out the weed? Philadelphia Freedom. Who knew people would bring that to an Elton concert? 


Cheers Elton, cheers. The best part of working full time during thanksgiving (well, working in an office and not in retail)? Only having to work 3 days! Glad I have Thursday and Friday off. This is also my first "Black Friday" in 8 years that I am not working in retail. Can't say I miss it. And no, I refuse to go shopping on Black Friday. Too chaotic for me. 

Back to the week. Wednesday night, I met up with my Abercrombie friends (yes, we all worked there for 5+ years...don't judge) at bar Louie. We kind of forgot that the Wednesday before thanksgiving is the biggest bar night. So it was a smidge crowded. We were pretty hungry and there were no tables to snag. I noticed a booth full of older men just standing by the booth (not sitting). So I suckered my friend Diana into asking them to let us sit at their table while we order food. Clearly, they were fine with this. Alas, we got food. 


Now onto the main feast! Thanksgiving day. We changed things up this year. My mom and I went over to my friend Emileigh's house for the day. My mom made the turkey, stuffing and two pies. My mom's stuffing is hands down the best stuffing in the world. Just being honest. Her pies are incredible too. Basically, my mom should open a little bakery or restaurant. I guarantee it would be a huge hit. Emileigh was a great hostess, providing snacks, several side dishes, and wine. The feast was delicious. 





The day was filled with food (of course), love, and relaxation. Until Emileigh's son woke up. He is a handful. But so adorable at the same time. Love that little guy. 


I also love that Ashlynn, Emileigh's cousin, and I always end up matching somehow. Ashlynn is an only child (like me) and we are practically the same person. We both showed up wearing a yellow coat and cowboy boots. So precious.


Happy thanksgiving to everyone! I hope it was a lovely day for all. 



 
  

1 comment:

  1. Crazy how things change after highschool and people grow up, have so say im somewhat kicking myself now. You still look great and it looks like you're living the dream. you turned out to be quite a catch, glad things are going well for you though. Comoletely random thought from someone you prolly don't remember,or maybe you do :-)

    ReplyDelete