1.13.2014

Happy New Year from the St. Louis Arch

Happy New Years to all! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday. I am so excited to see what is in store for 2014. 

A few weeks ago I traveled to none other than the St. Louis Arch. I have lived here my entire life and have never been up in the Arch. Shameful, I know. I do have a fear of heights and closed in spaces...so you could say that I was always afraid to go in the Arch. But, I finally put on my big girl pants and braved through it!

The ride up to the top was slightly terrifying. We sat in a tiny elevator for about five minutes. The elevator does not go straight up, but at a curve. So it had some shaky moments. I played it cool and calm...well, I tried to at least. We finally arrived to the top! And it was not scary at all. Views from the top include Bush Stadium, Kiener Plaza, and of course, the beautiful side of east St. Louis. Sarcasm on the beautiful. Overall it was a fun experience. I am glad that I made the journey to the top.





The group that I was with has never been to The Fountain. Naturally, I had to take them there and it was a huge hit. Delicious food and ice cream martinis? Check. Worlds smallest ice cream cone? Check. 






No comments:

Post a Comment